NEW & UPGRADED
NeilMed HydroPulse Neo. Multi-Speed Pulsating Nasal/Sinus Irrigation System with variable flow rate control system specifically for nasal and sinus irrigation. Not just a cleanse or rinse, the pulsating action is clinically proven to make your sinus cilia – the body's first line of defense against contagions, pollen, and foreign matter. This is the serious but pleasant way to good sinus health in a medically recognized (covered in dozens of medical journal articles) but drug-free way
- [NEW]: Multi-speed pulsating nasal/sinus irrigation system with variable flow rate control system specifically for nasal and sinus irrigation.
- [UPGRADED]: Flow Rate Improved by 22%. Longer and More Flexible Tubing. Base Stabilizing Suction Cups. Beautiful Matte Finish. Stirring Spoon
- [FEATURES]: HydroPulse restores sinus cilia to good health so they can rapidly eliminate pollen from the body – without expensive drugs & their side effects
- [CONTENTS] : 1 Universal Voltage base unit, 6 Sinus tips for Low, Medium, High flow. 2 Throat tips/integral tongue cleaners (for breath control). Stirring Spoon. 30 Sinus Rinse all natural premixed packets and complete instructions.
- Open the cover on the circular tubing compartment and remove the loose hardwares kept inside.
- Locate the white box containing the power cord and a small Philips head driver.
- Slide the tubing compartment into the base of the Hydro Pulse device where indicated.
- Open the cover on the tubing compartment and insert the screw into the center of the compartment, as shown in the photo.
- Use the Philips head driver to tighten the hardwares.
Instructions for Tubing Replacement
To obtain replacement tubing, please contact NeilMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc. by calling 1 (877) 477-8633
Instructions for Nasal/Sinus Irrigation
Step 1: Plug the machine into the power source.
Step 2: Prepare solution: • Remove the water reservoir from the device and open the lid. Fill the reservoir with 16 oz (480 ml) of lukewarm water. Use only distilled, commercially bottled, or previously boiled and cooled water. Filtered water is safe only if it has been filtered through a 0.2-micron filter or reverse osmosis system. Add 2 blue NeilMed Sinus Rinse mixture packets or one green NeilMed Sinus Rinse mixture packet and mix thoroughly to fully dissolve the mixture. We recommend that you do not use homemade salt mixtures for nasal irrigation, as they may have inaccurate concentrations and lead to inadequate relief, a burning or stinging sensation, or even nasal congestion.
Step 3: Open the compartment on the top of the lid of the water reservoir to locate the tips. Remove the nasal irrigator tip and insert into irrigator handle.
Step 4: Remove irrigator handle and open front circular compartment to access coiled tubing. Uncoil the tubing to the desired length to allow irrigation handle to reach the nose.
Step 5: Use + and - controls to set the desired flow rate. We recommend that you start with the lowest setting, and gradually increase the flow rate as desired.
Step 6: Press the appropriate button for either continuous flow or pulsatile flow irrigation.
Step 7: Turn the device on using the power button on the front control panel. This will not start the stream of water.
Step 8: Start irrigating:
Direction For Use
- Lean over the sink. Bend your head so you are looking down toward the sink basin.
- Keeping your mouth open, and without holding your breath, place the tip snugly against your nostril.
- To start the stream of solution, slide the blue button on the handle upward. Saline will enter one nostril and drain out the other side. Do not swallow or spit when irrigating.
- To temporarily stop the flow of water, slide the blue button on the handle downward until you hear a “click.”
- When you are about half way through the solution, stop the flow of water and switch to the other nostril. Use 125 mL to 250 mL, or 4 to 8 ounces, of solution for each nostril.
- Blow your nose very gently, ensuring not to pinch completely to avoid pressure on the eardrums. If tolerable, sniff in any residual solution remaining in the nasal passage once or twice. This may clean out the posterior nasopharyngeal area, which is the area at the back of your nasal passage. Generally, the fluid in your sinuses will exit about 20 minutes later when the cilia are activated.
Step 9: Power off device
Note: When turning off the stream of water with the switch on the handle, it is important to slide the switch all the way down until you hear a “click.” This will ensure that the valve is fully closed and water will not leak out.
WARNING - We recommend rinsing your nasal passages with NeilMed SINUS RINSE packets only. Rinsing your nasal passages with only plain water without the saline mixture will result in a severe burning sensation, as plain water is not physiologic for your nasal lining, even if it is appropriate for drinking. Additionally, for your safety, do not use tap or faucet water unless it has been previously boiled for five minutes or more (and then cooled down) as boiling sterilizes the water. Other choices are distilled, micro-filtered (through 0.2 micron), reverse osmosis filtered or commercially bottled water. You can store boiled water in a clean container for seven days or more if refrigerated. Do not rinse if your nasal passages are completely blocked or if you have an ear infection or blocked ears. If you have had recent ear or sinus surgery, contact your physician prior to irrigation. If you experience any pressure in the ears or burning in the nasal passages, stop irrigation and get further directions from your physician. Keep out of reach of children. Read and retain this enclosed brochure for instructions and other important information. We recommend that you use the HydroPulse Neo ONE HOUR PRIOR to bedtime in order to avoid any residual solution dripping down the throat. Patients who are unable to stand up or bend near the sink SHOULD NOT use this product. We strongly advise against the use of the HydroPulse Neo on children or adults who are bed bound or have physical limitations or mental disabilities, and thus are not physically able to perform irrigation or able to understand the directions. Adults should read the directions first before using it on their children. Keep out of reach of children. Do not swallow the solution; however, if you do so accidentally, there is no harm as the amount of sodium ingested in one swallow is insignificant.
CAUTIONS -The HydroPulse Neo is an electrical device, and like all other electrical devices, requires precautions to guard against fire and electric shock. Read and understand all cautions.